Wednesday, September 3, 2008

McCain Campaign HQ-- Bellevue

As usual with my hour long commute, I was listening to the David Boze Show on AM770 this evening when he announces that there is a gathering place for McCain/Palin supporters in Bellevue for campainging and watching the RNC. He said it was some sort of "ladies night" since tonight was Palin's speech night. I was already near Bellevue so I punched in the address in my navigator and headed up there. I was one of the few people under 40 years old but it was still worth it. I didn't actually make phone calls (I'm ok with that!) because by the time I got there, Mitt Romney started speaking.

It was still Hannity and Colmes's hour so we had to miss Mr. Romney's speech but we did catch every moment of Huckabee, Giuliani, and Palin. Wow. They are such wonderful speakers, meaning what they say and saying what they mean. They put out a couple of verbal sucker-punches in Obama's direction but had a theme of positive, work-together, American unity. Unlike the DNC's feel guilty theme. Here's some of my favorite Palin jabs:

"I guess a small-town mayor is sort of like a 'community organizer,' except that you have actual responsibilities"
"In politics, there are some candidates who use change to promote their careers. And then there are those, like John McCain, who use their careers to promote change"
"Change is not a destination...Hope is not a strategy"


And of course all the "elitist" jabs without actually really saying he's an elitist. Clever girl. But of course the Communist News Network (CNN) can only talk about her daughter's "scandalous" pregnancy. Big deal. They didn't go on and on about Michelle Obama's horrific and anti-American statements. Hmm, and media is not bias?

McCain/Palin 2008
Palin/Thompson 2012

Yeah...

No comments: