Saturday, December 6, 2008

Entitlement in Chicago-- does this surprise you?

More evidence of the Entitlement Mindset is more apparent during these economic hard times. It took me a long time to grow up and realize that I am indeed not worthy of everything I want so I guess I must wait for them to have their revelation. In the mean time, I shall rant.

Found via msn.com these people just don't get it. The company is going under. There is no more money, no more credit. The bank that backs the company just cannot afford to give them a loan for severance and vacation pay that these workers feel entitled to. I get it; it sucks to lose your job. But you must think beyond your own selfishness and realize there is nothing to do but find another job.

Laid-off workers occupy Chicago Factory

CHICAGO - Workers who got three days' notice that their factory was shutting its doors have occupied the building and say they won't go home without assurances they'll get severance and vacation pay.

About 250 union workers occupied the Republic Windows and Doors plant in shifts Saturday while union leaders outside criticized a Wall Street bailout they say is leaving laborers behind.

Leah Fried, an organizer with the United Electrical Workers, said the Chicago-based vinyl window manufacturer failed to give 60 days' notice required by law before shutting down.



My humble opinion is that this company probably didn't even know 60 days ahead of time that they were shutting down. Do you realize that it was October 12, 2008 when the stock market plummeted. It wasn't until election time November 4th when the banks begged for money. From there everything has crumbled all too swiftly. It's barely 60 days from Oct. 12th so what do they expect? Banks that did receive bailout money don't want to piss it away to ungrateful workers and I don't blame them. Read on.



Fried said the company can't pay its 300 employees because its creditor, Charlotte, N.C.-based Bank of America, won't let them. Crain's Chicago Business reported that Republic Windows' monthly sales had fallen to $2.9 million from $4 million during the past month.

(...)

"We're going to stay here until we win justice," said Blanca Funes, 55, of Chicago, after occupying the building for several hours. Speaking in Spanish, Funes said she fears losing her home without the wages she feels she's owed. A 13-year employee of Republic, she estimated her family can make do for three months without her paycheck. Most of the factory's workers are Hispanic.



Everybody feels owed. This just proves the words of Michael Savage, "Liberalism is for children and perverts." Children are egocentric. It's all about me. Me, me, me. (That's mine, and this is mine...) I challenge you to be aware of your own egocentric liberalism. How often do you feel entitled? Do you hate your job or are you grateful to have one? Are you really worthy of a raise? Do you need that new TV even if it means going into debt and relying on gov'ment to bail you out? Small or large, it's there. I work on it daily as I am still in recovery stage of Entitlement Mindset Syndrome.

I choose not to be a victim.

No comments: