Monday, August 18, 2008

Hope Dogs and Changeburgers

Douglas, Christina and I went to the Island County Fair yesterday and it was an interesting experience. This may not be a new thing but I noticed for the first time Republican and Democrat food stands. I do remember the actual booths of such at the Puyallup Fair but never saw food stands taking sides. So of course we stopped at the Republican booth but not without me first walking by the Democrat booth saying a little loudly, "Oh there's the Democrat booth. Lets talk about how we like McCain and Rossi as we walk by on our way to the Republican booth. There's some real men." Ha, I crack me up. We did spend quite a bit of time at the booth, thoroughly enjoying ourselves. Douglas had made a sarcastic comment earlier that was incredibly funny to me, "So what do the Democrat stands sell, Hope Dogs and Changeburgers?" No sooner after he said did he notice how much it worked. So the workers of the booth got a good laugh.

After petting all the animals (including the ones we weren't supposed to pet, hehe) we decided to get some food. We got our food only to sit at a table facing the Democrat food stand. Of course that just aggravated me. I don't care much for ice cream most of the time but since thats the only thing the Republican stand was selling, I felt it was my duty to buy one. Of course after I pay for it do I casually say, "So I'm thinking of going to the Democrat stand and saying, 'If I can't pay with change can i pay with hope?'" They hesitated a moment and then busted up laughing. At least they thought I was funny.

And to answer your question, I DID go to the Democrat stand and asked them that. They didn't think I was very funny. Truth hurts.

Hope doesn't pay the bills, does it?

Now if you'll excuse me, I am going to go cling to my guns.

No comments: