Thursday, August 14, 2008

Did I hear this correctly?

David Boze mentioned today about the FCC trying to pass yet again the Fairness Doctrine.

The Fairness Doctrine had two basic elements: It required broadcasters to devote some of their airtime to discussing controversial matters of public interest, and to air contrasting views regarding those matters. Stations were given wide latitude as to how to provide contrasting views: It could be done through news segments, public affairs shows or editorials. (wikipedia)


So we are back with the whole issue of "fairness." I am so sick and tired of the government thinking that they know what is best for me. I think I know what is best for me, thank you. it's the libs who are crying how unbalanced media is. I'd say that sitcoms, news, and public affairs commentators lean incredibly to the left. A safe bet is way over half is dedicated to liberal blather. Even my beloved Family Guy preaches leftism. Conservatives are clearly outnumbered and they aren't crying out for fairness.

I thought libs love the first Amendment. They piss in a jar, put a cross in it and call it "art." They screamed loud when Conservatives tried to censor that. Do they find Conservatives more offensive than that?

Could this lead to Civil War II?

No comments: