Saturday, May 2, 2009

Fireproof

Gotta love Kirk Cameron. Kirk starred in the Christian film Fireproof which is about a couple on the verge of divorce and how their faith in God saved them and their marriage. I'm not married but this film spoke to me. How can you love someone else when you can't love yourself? How can you love yourself when you don't love God? How can people validate themselves by saying all the good they do for others when they don't do good for their own spouse?

One of my favorite lines of the movie:

Caleb: "If there is a God out there, he's not interested in my problems...where has he been all my life?"
Dad: "He's been at work all around you. You just haven't realized it. You haven't exactly given him an open invitation."

Go forth and watch this movie.



I started reading this book called God is Closer Than You Think and this is good quote to go along with this movie: "The greatest moment of your life is now. Every past moment is irretrievably gone. If you live there you lose your life... You can spend eternity waiting for tomorrow or worrying about tomorrow. If you live there, you likewise will lose your life."


Take it one day at a time.


No comments: