Monday, January 19, 2009

Leavenworth trip

What a euphoric weekend! The King County Young Republican group participated in the Ice Fest games taking home some blue and red ribbons in Tug of War, Smooshing and ice sculptures. I rode with two gals in the way up where I had a bit of car sickness-- weird because I never get it. We met up with the group and poked around in the shops then got lunch. About 2pm we started the events, kicked some butt then went out to celebrate. After some beer, a few of us went tubing then returned for more beer. The beer plus my cough and 3 hours of sleep, I was a mess the next morning. I felt bad because all I wanted to do is lay while the gals I was with were euphoric on this wonderful weekend away with sane people. But it was still a great day. The memory, along with something else good that happened, carried over my happiness to today as well.

What a wonderful weekend.

Aren't we cute? Other groups must be jealous :)