Thursday, October 23, 2008

Adventure in Seattle

I got a call for a last minute house-sitting gig in Seattle so that's what I'm doing right now. Parked next to me are two funny looking chihuahuas and a cat. It works out well because it's about ten minutes from work and two blocks away from Northgate Mall. I was actually going to walk to the mall to get some dinner but it was getting kinda late so I drove. Eh, maybe tomorrow. It'll be wonderful to commute 10 minutes to work--not an hour and ten minutes. Especially since I have, for the second time this month, another bad-ass sinus cold so the extra sleep will help me feel better.

Normally I might feel a little unsafe house-sitting but the pups are yapping at every sound and I have Kimber by my side. Between the two, I'll be just fine.

My feelings about Seattle have mellowed significantly in the past few days partially due to knowing there are other Conservatives hidden in the area and also knowing that things will calm down after the election. If things do calm down, I might be more open to moving nearby and going to the CC. Maybe my cool cousin will room with me so I'm not stuck with an anti-gun hippie. :)

And that's that.

Just took some Nyquil for my sniffles so I'm off to bed.

No comments: