Thursday, April 9, 2009

G.I. Joe's closes the doors

My second job was at G.I. Joe's, now known as Joe's Sports & Outdoors, so I'm a little sad to see them close the doors. The store was started by a G.I. Joe and maintained a close-knit homey kind of feel-- until they went off the deep end a few years ago. They no longer wanted to be connected to the military so they dropped with G.I. which pisses me off; it feels anti-American.

Anyway, I still love that store and often shop there. Not only does the store closing make me sad but the fact that it's another 1600 jobs lost according to www.q13fox.com. What I mean is, this is hitting home now and I'm worried. What will happen to me? My dad is already laid off and it's only a matter of time before my mom loses her job and my brother can't even get a job.

I suppose if SHTF I could go hippie and live of the "fatta the land."

No comments: